• March 26Senior Week starts next week, all seniors who have signed up will be spending advisory, and on Wednesday their lunch periods, in the arena to play games so their teams win
  • March 26Spanish Honor Society is hosting a Spring Dance Competition on Friday, March 29 during Advisory and 1st Lunch. Contestants will be asked to pay a $5 entry fee, and prizes will be awarded to competition winners! If you’d like to compete, click here. // LINK: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v6Dz0MT1NWCMUw7RVFslA1QMGNAFyKBoU-HAHG5Ff4Q/edit
  • March 26On March 26th at 5PM the Bryant High School Baseball team will be playing a home game against Central on our Home field

Meet Jacob. Jacob is a junior this year and this is his first year on staff for The Prospective. He has a passion for photography. Outside of school, Jacob loves getting to know people.

Senior Trips: Costs

As seniors are finishing their final projects, exams and last minute details for college, there’s one thing on every senior’s mind: one last adventure with friends and family. But with any trip, big or small, there’s always one important aspect:

Costs.

Senior Rachael Belew leaves for a cruise June 1-8 with friends and family to Belize City, Belize, Mahogany Bay, Honduras and Cozumel, Mexico.

“I’m going with 18 of my friends along with my mom, and their parents. I’m mostly excited for this trip because I absolutely love cruising. It’s by far my happiest place on earth when I’m standing on the deck at night while we cruise across the gulf. Not to mention, the waters are beautiful,” Belew said.

Even with high prices, Belew is not worried about paying for the trip.

“It costs about $1,000 for the cruise itself plus hotel, parking, travel and excursions per person. My mom is paying for my trip and all the costs. However, I am paying for shopping, fun stuff, and souvenirs,” Belew said.

Senior Dylan Masters leaves for Orange Beach, Ala. with his best friends May 31- June 7.

“We planned this trip about two months ago. I’m mostly excited about not having to worry about school and just kick back on the beach for six days with my closest friends [Caleb Strain, Gray Orman, Evan Caddy and Devin Dupree],” Masters said.

With a smaller trip, it’s an easier cost plan to share among Masters and his friends.

“It’s $280 per person for the condo and about $100 per person for gas. I’m paying with cash that I’ve been saving up from my job,” Masters said.

Senior Taylor Huff boards her plane for Hawaii May 31- June 8 with her grandma and her best friend, junior Haven Kanai.

“What excites me the most is the gorgeous beaches and the way they [Hawaiians] live their lives and the culture,” Huff said.

Huff explains the high costs of the trip and daily activities.

“For plane tickets and a hotel on the beach, it’s about $3000 a person. And I know we’re going to spend a whole lot more with shopping, going out to eat and souvenirs.”

Huff, however, has had her trip completely planned and paid for a while now.

“My grandma is paying for our trip. My grandma told me back in ninth grade that if I stayed at Bryant High School, she’d take me to Hawaii with all the money she’d be saving for not having to pay for private school anymore. I’ve been reminding her that she still owes me a Hawaii trip, so we decided that will be my senior trip,” Huff said.

Reed Boroughs leaves for Grayton Beach, Fla. in early July with some of her close friends as well.

“I’m going to the beach with all the senior girls at my church. I’m really excited to spend time with my best friends,” Boroughs said.

Boroughs has earned most of the money for her trip.

“We each have to pay $350 and that covers the whole trip but we also have to bring extra money for dinners and shopping for souvenirs. I earned most of the money from babysitting, but my parents helped me pay for some of it as well. We’ve planned this trip for about three months now. I’ll pay my parents back the rest later,” Boroughs said.

Senior Tiffini Jarvis plans to drive to California June 1-4 with her family.

“I’m driving up there [California] with my mom and my little sister. We’re going to LA first because my aunt lives there. After that, we’re going to Fresno to see my grandma and other aunts and uncles,” Jarvis said.

Jarvis’ mom is paying for the trip.

“We’re going to San Francisco just because it’s a beautiful place to visit. Some other activities I’m doing include, Disneyland, the beach and Hollywood. The price is around $500-600 for the whole trip but my mom is paying for everything because it’s also my senior trip,” Jarvis said.