• March 26Senior Week starts next week, all seniors who have signed up will be spending advisory, and on Wednesday their lunch periods, in the arena to play games so their teams win
  • March 26Spanish Honor Society is hosting a Spring Dance Competition on Friday, March 29 during Advisory and 1st Lunch. Contestants will be asked to pay a $5 entry fee, and prizes will be awarded to competition winners! If you’d like to compete, click here. // LINK: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v6Dz0MT1NWCMUw7RVFslA1QMGNAFyKBoU-HAHG5Ff4Q/edit
  • March 26On March 26th at 5PM the Bryant High School Baseball team will be playing a home game against Central on our Home field

Meet Kinley. Kinley is a sophomore this year, as well as a reporter for The Prospective. She’s an aspiring member of FCCLA and Beta Club and wants to be involved in the school community. This is her...

Hidden steam goodies

Square_Steam_LogoValve revolutionized the gaming industry when it created the easy process of purchasing games over the Internet, via digital download, known as Steam. With 3000 games up for sale on steam’s website, finding the gems can be difficult.

No longer, I say, as I have compiled a list of my own personal favorites, and even some titles for those looking for a deal. Also, a tip for a first time Steam user, wait and watch the site for sales Steam tends to have crazy sales for each season, the craziest being at summer.

1.The Stanley Parable

This game is on an entirely different level, not even in the same league as other games in the modern game industry. The sad part is I can’t say a thing about this game without giving away the experience, and any other gamer worth his salt would be just as vague in describing “The Stanley Parable.” Trust in the praises of others and you won’t be disappointed, but try the demo before finally purchasing the full game. “The Stanley Parable” is $14.99 at the moment, but has gone as low as 50 percent off in past sales.

2. Thomas Was Alone

You’d think it was impossible to make a game with deep characters as well as a deep message when all the characters are only squares. Literally, every character is either a square or a rectangle, yet all of them are distinct and have character. You know which one is Thomas and which is Laura and you know them, as people as more than just squares jumping through puzzles. “Thomas Was Alone” goes for $9.99 at regular price, and has gone 50 percent off in the past.

3.Psychonauts

For a game that came out originally in 2005, “Psychonauts” still holds possibly, the greatest platformer ever made. Even aside from just being a fantastic platformer, the zany characters and odd art style gives the entire game its own personality that sticks to you like a good friend would. Though, the only downside is the game is about 10 hours long, even when completing it entirely. While that should be enough for this kind of game, once you make it into the Whispering Rock Physic Summer Camp, you’ll hate leaving it behind. “Psychonauts” is $9.99 and goes 50 percent off at every sale so far.

4. Back to the Future: the Game

For any fans of the “Back to the Future” trilogy, this game couldn’t be more of a blessing. Rather than just being an adaptation of the movies, “Back to the Future: the game” continues the adventures of Doc and Marty. What is possibly the best part is how much this game feels like a fourth movie, even getting Christopher Lloyd to reprise his role as Doc. Since it is a Telltale Games game, it already feels like an interactive movie and is even divided into five episodes so as to feel like its own saga of movies. For the entire season, “Back to the Future: the game” goes for $24.99, and has gone as low as 75 percent off for the set.

5. Broken Age

Funded entirely by Kickstarter two years ago, “Broken age” is a point and click adventure by the creators of the games “Psychonauts” and “Brutal Legend,” two great games on their own. The game follows the odd lives of two young teens, Vella and Shay, as they venture against the will of the adult figures around them to seek their own way and do what’s right. It may sound like a cliché plot, but just describing it does no justice, as the characters themselves pull along the plot. “Broken age” was a game funded by the people and made for those lovers of point and click adventures. For a newer game it hasn’t yet gone on sale, yet $24.99 isn’t too steep for such an epic adventure.