Meet David. David is a reporter for The Prospective Newspaper. He’s both a state and national award-winning journalist. He’s been on and worked for several publications for the Bryant School District,...

November books

| photo Baylie McLaren
| photo Baylie McLaren

An Abundance of Katherine’s John Green

Collin Singleton only dates girls named Katherine. And after K-19 leaves him heartbroken, he takes off on a road trip with $10,000, his best friend and not a single Katherine to think about. On this journey Collin hopes to prove The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability. The theorem should  get him the girl, predict the future of any relationship and revenge anyone who has ever been dumped.

Allegiant

Allegiant Veronica Roth

Corrupt power hungry leaders, who use betrayal to rise to the top, destroyed Tris Prior’s faction society, which once ran smoothly. After learning of what lies beyond the fence, Tris is looking to live a peaceful life along with Tobias, away from the deceitful lies and betrayal. Told from both Tris and Tobias’ perspectives, this conclusion to the Divergent trilogy will reveal the final points of this collapsing society.

EleanorPark_coverEleanor and Park Rainbow Rowell

Set in 1986, over the course of one school year an unlikely relationship forms between high school students Eleanor and Park after Park, not so regrettably, shares his bus seat with Eleanor. And then his comics. And later his cassettes tapes.

ReachedReached Ally Condie 

Cassia’s journey, caused by a short glitch in her perfect Society, comes to an end in this conclusion to the Matched Trilogy. Cassia, Ky and Xander will return to the Society to rescue the one thing they care about but have not been allowed to have. The power to choose who they will be with for the rest of their life.

malalaI Am Malala Malala Yousafzai

After being shot point blank on a bus ride home from school, Malala Yousafzai miraculously recovered.  An autobiography of Yousafzai’s journey to fight for education. She is the youngest nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize.

The walking deadThe Walking Dead, Volume 19 Robert Kirkman

In only a few months all remnants of society which we have been accustomed to has crumbled. The survivors are forced to live in fear of the dead, but forced to live never the less. Rick, Ezekial, Gregory and Negan are solely responsible for their community’s future, while a war lingers.

Perfect escapePerfect Escape Jennifer Brown

Kendra has always been overshadowed by her older brother Grayson’s OCD. Caught in a cheating scandal, Kendra decides to leave it all behind and drive away, with her brother asleep beside her. On a cross country road trip, spending nights in dingy motels and avoiding calls from their parents, Kendra will do all that she can do to reunite herself and Grayson with their childhood best friend.

houseHouse Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker

On a back road in Alabama Jack and Stephanie Singleton find a rundown bed and breakfast where a serial killer named Barsidious White locks them inside of the house. Throwing a soup can down the chimney with the house rules scrawled on it: he has killed God and will kill all seven people in the house unless they kill one of them by dawn.

1the-lovers-dictionary-thumb-300x448-62746The Lover’s Dictionary David Leviathan

Told through dictionary entries by an anonymous narrator, each entry provides a small glimpse into moments that help shape a romantic relationship. Each word gives a sort of theme for the passage it accompanies, to provide contrast between the word and passage or to provide unity and clarification.

flowers-for-algernon-book

Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes

Charlie Gordon is a 32-year-old with an IQ of 60. He can’t read or write properly and can only keep a job at a bakery ran by his uncle. But when he is chosen from his classmates in the reading and writing class for retarded adults for a surgical experiment, he is given an opportunity to live the life he has always wanted. Yet will it be all he’s hoped for?