• April 23On April 20th, Bryant Honeybees won 1st place for Large Women’s Chorus and Camerata won 2nd place for Large mixed Choir.
  • April 23This Friday, students will have the opportunity to hear the last difference speaker Kevin Reynolds who will detail his executive experiences with careers in civil engineering/steel fabrication. Students can hear him during their advisory in the MPR

Meet Katie. Katie is a sophomore this year, however, she isn't new to Journalism. This will be her 4th year in Journalism and 3rd in newspaper. She has won some awards including national ones. Outside...

Meet the new student advisory board members

October 22 marked the day the new Superintendents Student Advisory Board met. Made up of people from each grade level, the board’s purpose is to establish a connection between students and the faculty.

“The students in here were chosen because their teachers recognized them as leaders in the school,” Superintendent Dr. Tom Kimbrell said.

After learning why they were chosen, students began to discuss how they felt about the Bryant School District and their connection to the school.

LaurenBrantley Grade: 9th

Name: Lauren Brantley

Activities: Yearbook Staff

“I’ve been going here since kindergarten, and my mom teachers here.”

BrookeEllisGrade: 9th

Name: Brooke Ellis

Activities: Football and baseball

“I want to be in Bryant because it has the best students and teachers around. I think they could help me make good decisions and be the best I can be.”

01_MUGS111314_MMGrade: 10th

Name: Robyn Duncan

Activities: None

“I’ve been in the Bryant School District my entire life. I think our student body is amazingly considerate and talented. We all look our for each other.”

DSC_0366Grade: 11th

Name: Malcolm Jackson

Activities: Captain of the Quiz Bowl Team

“I came from the Little Rock School District, and it was a big shock when I first saw Bryant Middle School. Coming from Dunbar was a huge transition.”

IMG_2707Grade: 11th

Name: Jazzmyn Peterson

Activities: Newspaper staff member, Anime and Manga Culture Club vice president

“I transferred to Bryant my seventh grade year from Dunbar. Walking into a school and not being stopped for mandatory security checks was a shock. But as time went on, I realized I wasn’t in Little Rock anymore. I was safer here.”

NatalieRamosGrade: 11th

Name: Natalie Ramos

Activities: Ambassador and Teachers of Tomorrow vice president

“I grew up in Little Rock, and I feel a lot safer in Bryant. The teachers are wonderful, and I love the students and the pep rallies. It makes me feel good to be a Bryant Hornet.”

DSC_0364Grade: 12th

Name: Jayla Anderson

Activities: Football Athletic trainer and track runner

“I moved from a private school to Bryant in second grade and was the only black student in my class until I went to Hurricane Creek in fifth grade. It feels like the people around me have become a family.”

BenBruickGrade: 12th

Name: Ben Bruick

Activities: Football

“Even though it’s such a big school, it still feels like a small community.”

02_MUGS111314_MMGrade: 12th

Name: Clay Crandall

Activities: Flag football coach and senior high class treasurer

“I’m the senior high class treasurer. I love the environment and the people at this school.”

Maddie Hawkons DSC_0362Grade: 12th

Name: Maddie Hawkins

Activities: Soccer

“I came from Arkansas Baptist private school to Bryant High School in ninth grade, and I love this school. It’s amazing how teachers deal with so many students. It feels like home here.”

03_MUGS111314_MMGrade: 12th

Name: Brandan Warner

Activities: Football

“I’ve been going to Bryant since third grade, and I love it cause it feels like home here.”

04_MUGS111314_MMGrade: 12th

Name: Abby Washkowiak

Activities: President of Student Senate and Treasurer of Teachers of Tomorrow

“I like the Bryant School District because all the people around here have great potential. I love how the teachers can communicate with students.”