• April 17The first period Social Studies classes gathered in Hornet Arena this morning to give teacher Ricky Manes the Teacher of the Year Award. Manes is a U.S History, AP Research, Civics and Holocaust & Human Behavior teacher. He was chosen out of the 13 and was given the award by administration.
  • April 15In celebration of Military Child Month, Bryant School District asks that everyone wear purple on Wednesday, April 17th to celebrate and showcase respect for military families.

Meet Paley, a senior on The Prospective staff. Paley is a member of the Legacy Colorgaurd and a club officer for BHS Art Club. Art is her favorite hobby and she spends most of her free time drawing....

Veterans Day: an inside look

l Madeline Coculaisre photo l
l Madeline Coclaisre photo l

For most of his life, Sgt. Dennis Williams has served in the United States Air Force, protecting the country and holding up the policies and values of America. He portrays patriotism and dedication by continuing to teach the values of the United States military with the students in JROTC. Williams served 21 years, three months, and 16 days as an Enlisted soldier.

Veterans Day is a day to give honor to those who gave everything they had, those who have served and are still serving, and those who put their lives on the line for this country. There are times I miss being in the Air Force. My kids and family called to wish me a happy Veterans Day and for my service. I usually hang out with the older vets, and we trade stories and experiences. Though I’m not completely out of the military, because I can still be called in for another two years and nine days, I feel like my job as an active duty soldier is done,” Williams said.

Along with Williams is Lt. Col. Ricky Willis who helps teach the jobs of Outer Space that belong to the Air Force in the JROTC class. He also portrays the dedication of a military man and the values of the core.

“I served for 23 years, practically my whole life because my father was in the Air Force,” Willis said. Traveling all over the country, Willis has had the ability to look into space, and keep America safe from the highest to lowest points possible.

“I was born into the Air Force, and it is kind of weird to know that I won’t be called back in because that ability has expired. I’m going to Hooters to celebrate, because they are giving free wings for Veterans Day,” Willis said.

To Willis, a veteran is one who has actually fought in a war, and he doesn’t consider himself to be a true Veteran.

“I see myself as a retiree,” he said.