• April 23On April 20th, Bryant Honeybees won 1st place for Large Women’s Chorus and Camerata won 2nd place for Large mixed Choir.
  • April 23This Friday, students will have the opportunity to hear the last difference speaker Kevin Reynolds who will detail his executive experiences with careers in civil engineering/steel fabrication. Students can hear him during their advisory in the MPR

Meet Hayden. Hayden is a junior, and this is his first year on The Prospective. Beyond newsapaper, Hayden is the secretary for the Hornet Fashion Club. Hayden loves everything to do with clothes...

Job of the week: Taylor Huff

Senior Taylor Huff applies make-up to customer at Sephora. | lauren sanders photo
Senior Taylor Huff works will the tool wall, restocks, cleans and gives makeovers at Sephora in JC Penney’s on Shackleford.

“Well, it’s a funny story really. I walked in and I was just buying make-up. The owner of the Sephora came up to me and was talking to me about make-up. I was telling her all the stuff I wanted to do with it and how I do my eye shadow,” Huff said.

After talking with the manager, Huff said she was offered a job.

“I didn’t know what I was getting myself into. First, I had to fill out the application, and then I had to take a test. Then, I went to an interview, had to take another test, went through two more interviews, and then after that I had to watch video after video. My first two weeks were about coming in and watching videos about each brand and what their brand is about all. Sephora has so many items in there and you have to learn about every single one,” Huff said.

Huff works the tool wall, which is the wall with all of the different brushes Sephora carries. Huff said everyone in the store is assigned a brand of make-up. Huff was assigned NARS. She is responsible for stocking the NARS section, cleaning it and helping the customers interested in that brand.

“Because everything is black in Sephora, dust shows. You wipe it one second and go to wipe something else, look back and it’s dirty again,” Huff said.

Huff works after school from 4 p.m to 9 p.m, Saturday’s from 11 a.m to 8 or 9 p.m, and on Sunday’s 1 p.m to 6 p.m.

“It’s really long hours, but we get paid a good percent over minimum wage. Also it’s not like work work because we are playing with make-up, but it’s also kind of serious sometimes when customers come in asking about stuff. It’s really fun working there,” Huff said.

Huff said she has to stay up late if she has homework to do, but she tries to get most of her work done during school.

“It’s not just a job; it’s more like a career. The person I worked with in January was 19 and she just got her own store,” Huff said.