Meet Jasper. Jasper is a senior this year, as well as one of the editors of the Prospective Newspaper; this will be their 6th year overall in a Journalism program. They enjoy reading and collecting...

Ride of the week: 1983 Chevrolet truck

Senior Jordann Davis in “The Thing.” | parker pamplin photo

Covered in dents and scratches, a 1983 Chevrolet truck pulls into the school parking lot with senior Jordann Davis behind the wheel.

Davis said she calls it “The Thing” because of all the damage done to the truck.

“My pawpaw got it for me. He owns a body shop in England and he found it for me,” Davis said.

Davis said it is her first car, which she has owned for four years now.

Along with having ostrich skin as the interior, Davis said her radio light changes colors and the top of her speakers are truck green.

“It’s weird because you think an old man is going to be driving this truck, but it turns out to be a 17 year-old girl,” Davis said.

Davis said she was in her first wreck, had her truck break down and was pulled over all in the same day.

“I went and parked my truck for like two weeks. I was so mad,” Davis said.

Davis said she is happy with her truck because she knows if she wrecks it, it will not hurt her family financially. She said that they took bet on how long her truck would survive.