Senior Banks Austin walking to his seat before graduation was to begin. Teachers formed two lines, creating a funnel for the students to walk through. it’ll be fun to see people i know graduate. Banks said prior to the event.
Walking the Stage
May 26, 2023
Officers Samantha Hodgson and Tanner Peck stand side by side for a photo during Lunch B, where they keep watch over students daily.
Keeping BHS Safe
Walking the Stage
May 26, 2023
Keeping BHS Safe

Meet Kenzie. Kenzie is a senior this year and is a reporter for The Prospective. Outside of newspaper, Kenzie is captain of the Legacy of Bryant's Colorguard. She is an active volunteer in her community...

Senior Riley Hall spearheads fundraiser for Camp Aldersgate

Senior Riley Hall getting interviewed by news stations | ashley collins photo
Senior Riley Hall | ashley collins photo

About $2,100 raised for Camp Aldersgate was more than just a dollar amount for senior Riley Hall.

On Friday Dec. 10, Student Senate hosted a Hat Day Fundraiser for Camp Aldersgate.

After bouncing around ideas on how they could help the camp, the students finally came up with the idea for Hat Day. Hall said he remembered doing Hat Day in middle school and since they were at a dead end on how to help, wearing hats seemed perfect for a fundraiser.

Bryant High School, Bryant Middle, Bethel Middle, Bryant Elementary, Collegeville, Salem, Spring Hill, and Hurricane Creek all jumped on board to help.

Camp Aldersgate is a non-profit organization for disabled youth and seniors. It’s the only camp of its type in the state of Arkansas. Over the summer and throughout the year, the camp offers staff and volunteer opportunities. Volunteers must be at least 14 years old and complete and application. Over the summer Hall volunteered and knew he had to do something for them.

“I automatically fell in love with camp,” Hall said.

After a season-ending elbow injury, Hall was unable to participate in baseball and basketball. Watching his friends getting ready to play summer ball, he said he began to become discouraged.

“I was at a rough spot,” Hall said. “That’s when my mom told me about Camp Aldersgate.”

“We did the fundraiser because Camp gave me so much over the summer that I couldn’t put a price on and I could never pay them back because I’m still in high school,” Hall said.

Principal Jay Pickering was proud of Hall and loved the idea of the fundraiser.

“Hat Day showed Riley’s great leadership ability. He led a school-wide initiative to bring awareness to Camp Aldersgate,” Pickering said. “It was a fantastic concept,”

Roughly $350 at the high school alone.

Hall single-handedly spearheaded the fundraiser and his efforts did not go unnoticed. Channel 7 and 11 news stations and the Benton Courier featured a story on him and the fundraiser.