Senior Burnout
May 15, 2024
Photo Illustration
The Next Step
May 15, 2024
Senior Burnout
May 15, 2024
Photo Illustration
The Next Step
May 15, 2024

Meet Sydney. Sydney is a senior this year, as well as one of the editors for The Prospective. Outside of newspaper, Sydney fills a leadership role within Bryant High's choir program as their Historian....

Job of the week: Davis Norwood

Senior Davis Norwood working the Bryant Best Buy | lauren sanders photo

Senior Davis Norwood works as a cashier and a customer service associate at Best Buy.

“I check people out and I do returns and online and phone orders,” he said.

He said getting the job was the toughest thing for him to do. To get a job at Best Buy took a great deal of time and patience. With all the time he spent trying to get the job, he learned that this job takes a person who knows about technology and interacting with people. After about two years, he finally he was hired.

“I applied at Best Buy four times and that’s over a course of since I turned 16 and I’m almost 18, so over a year and half of applying then finally I applied fourth time. They didn’t call me for months, then all of a sudden I got a phone call saying to come for the interviews,” he said.

Then came the interview process. He thought getting the call was hard, but turns out the interviews were even tougher.

“The interview process was one phone interview and three personal interviews. Each personal interview you pass is higher ranking of who it’s with, like the first one was a team lead, second one was a manager and the third interview was with the head boss,” he said.

Davis works four or five days a week from 4 to 9:15 p.m., but most of the time it is random when he works. He earns minimum wage. He said he enjoys working there and loves his coworkers. He says it is pretty easy what he does.

“It’s awesome and all the workers are really awesome. They are easy to get along with, and the job itself is great because is extremely easy,” Norwood said. “It doesn’t really feel like I’m working. It is kind of like school; I go there to do work, but I’m hanging out with my friends the whole time and of course I get my work done.”