• April 17The first period Social Studies classes gathered in Hornet Arena this morning to give teacher Ricky Manes the Teacher of the Year Award. Manes is a U.S History, AP Research, Civics and Holocaust & Human Behavior teacher. He was chosen out of the 13 and was given the award by administration.
  • April 15In celebration of Military Child Month, Bryant School District asks that everyone wear purple on Wednesday, April 17th to celebrate and showcase respect for military families.

Meet Eriel. Eriel is a sophomore this year, as well as a reporter for the Prospective. Eriel is a member of FBLA and Beta Club. After high school, she plans to go to college and purse a career in...

Sports Buzz: November 7-13

|PHOTO KENZI BRENTON

Football:

The Hornets took down the Conway Wampus Cats 17-10 last Friday to end the season with a 9-1 record and secured a first round bye in the 7A playoffs. Junior Deamonte Terry had another fantastic game, gaining 132 yards on 18 attempts on the ground. Senior Gunnar Burks was accurate once again, completing ten of his fourteen passes for 145 yards. Senior Quinton Royal picked the ball off three times in the game, including a walk-off interception in the endzone. Their next game will be next week at home in the state quarterfinals against the winner of tonight’s first round game between West Memphis and Fayetteville.

Cross Country:

The Lady Hornets finished their season with the Arkansas Class 7A Cross Country State Championship in Hot Springs last Saturday. The team finished ninth with 220 points, and senior Hannah Shelby lead the team in the meet, finishing tenth with a time of 19:35. Senior Haley Hood has accepted an offer from Ole Miss to run cross country for their team. The official signing will take place next Friday. The boys team finished eighth in their meet at the Championship scoring 223 points. John Carder led the Hornets by placing 23rd with a time of 17:10.  

Dance:

Bryant Varsity Dance will compete in the 7A Dance State Championships this Saturday. The competition will be held in the Bryant Middle School gym and will perform at 4:20 p.m., 5:45 p.m., and 7:20 p.m.

Cheer:

The Bryant Varsity Cheer team traveled to Jacksonville last Saturday to compete in the Central Arkansas Classic. The team placed second in the competition. The team will make the short trip to Benton High School tomorrow to compete in the Benton Invitational.

Swimming:

The Hornet swim team had their first swim meet at Bishop Park last night. The women placed third overall, scoring 313 points. The men placed fourth overall, scoring 296 points.

View Comments (3)