• March 7The Journalism Education Association, the largest scholastic journalism organization in the country, announced senior Nevaeh Suit as the 2024 Arkansas Student Journalist of the Year. Suit has been a member of Bryant’s Hornet Media Broadcast team throughout high school. In order to achieve this award she had to create a portfolio of her work.
  • March 5The Baseball and Softball teams have 3 home games this week, March 4th, March 5th, March 7th. Against Benton, Bauxite, and White Hall.
  • March 5On March 10, Daylight Saving Time will take place. Be sure to skip your clocks forward an hour!
  • March 5Breakfast is free for all students on March 5 as it’s during National School Breakfast Week.
  • March 5On March 6th at 5 PM the Bryant High School junior varsity baseball team with play a home game against Benton on our field.

Headshot of Principal Jason Hay. Courtesy of Jason Hay
A Step to the Future
March 15, 2024
Principal Todd Edwards
A Look to the Past
March 14, 2024
Campaign posters for the class officer candidates.
Best in Class
March 13, 2024
Senior Gabby Dawson waiting for the FAFSFA website to load. Visual elements by Paley Honeysuckle.
Changes to FAFSA
March 5, 2024
A Step to the Future
March 15, 2024
Principal Todd Edwards
A Look to the Past
March 14, 2024
Best in Class
March 13, 2024
Changes to FAFSA
March 5, 2024

Meet Katie. Katie is a sophomore this year, however, she isn't new to Journalism. This will be her 4th year in Journalism and 3rd in newspaper. She has won some awards including national ones. Outside...

Baseball state tournament

Head baseball coach Kirk Bock talks to his team | photo Whitney Butler

With the regular season in the books, head baseball coach Kirk Bock and his team look to make this season one to remember with a championship in the state tournament which begins tomorrow.

Bryant has a first round bye and will either play Fort Smith Southside or Rogers May 17 at 3 pm.

“I think we’re playing real good,” Bock said. “We’re swinging it good and our pitching and defense has been astounding.”

Their 26-2 record put them as the second seed in the west. The team clinched their conference with a victory against El Dorado last week; their overall conference record is 13 wins and 1 loss.

“I think we’re playing great,” senior shortstop Trevor Ezell said. “Only with two losses and conference secured, I think we’re going to do great in the tourney.”

Ezell was a preseason All-American and has lived up to the hype by having two inside the park home runs and only one error.

All-Americans are a group of elite players around the United States, selected by unanimous sources who pick the best at each position.

“Trevor is an All-American,” Bock said. “He’s playing like an All-American, and I hope he keeps it up and leads us to another championship.”

Ezell isn’t the only player looking like an All-American.

“Chase Tucker is another guy that has been playing really well,” Bock said. “He’s swinging the bat really well and has been just great all year.”

Tucker is a senior center fielder and played some pitcher too.

“I feel great about our chances,” Tucker said. “If we keep playing like we are, we can definitely get to the championship and hopefully win it.”