• March 26Senior Week starts next week, all seniors who have signed up will be spending advisory, and on Wednesday their lunch periods, in the arena to play games so their teams win
  • March 26Spanish Honor Society is hosting a Spring Dance Competition on Friday, March 29 during Advisory and 1st Lunch. Contestants will be asked to pay a $5 entry fee, and prizes will be awarded to competition winners! If you’d like to compete, click here. // LINK: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v6Dz0MT1NWCMUw7RVFslA1QMGNAFyKBoU-HAHG5Ff4Q/edit
  • March 26On March 26th at 5PM the Bryant High School Baseball team will be playing a home game against Central on our Home field

Meet Paley, a senior on The Prospective staff. Paley is a member of the Legacy Colorgaurd and a club officer for BHS Art Club. Art is her favorite hobby and she spends most of her free time drawing....

Freshman flash

Desmond Duckworth shoots a shot over two Russelville defenders | photo Madison Moorehead
Desmond Duckworth shoots a shot over two Russelville defenders | photo Madison Morehead

“Martin is our best shooter,” head basketball coach Mike Abrahamson. “He’s shooting 45 percent from the 3-point line and has made the most 3’s on the year.”

Martin plays shooting guard, a hard role for a young athlete to play.

“I think I helped the team out scoring wise,” Martin said. “I think I have more pressure on me since I’m a freshman, I feel like my team expects the best out of me and I give them my best.”

Martin suffered an off night at Texarkana Feb 18, going one for five on field goal attempts, missing all of his three point shots and making one of his two free throw shots for only 3 points. Duckworth faired better, making three of four of his field goals, including one three and one of two attempts from the free throw line.

“Desmond is also a great shooter,” Abrahamson said. “He’s a small guy but mentally he’s such a competitor. He doesn’t back down from anybody.”

Duckworth plays point guard and proved himself a weapon scoring points off the bench, scoring 25 points over the past three games.

“I’ve helped my team by bringing a hard working mentality,” Duckworth said. “I feel my biggest impact has been on defense. I focus on defense a lot and I think that carries on to my teammates.”

The team’s 7-5 conference record places them fourth in 6A/7A South. With a win over Texarkana and Lake Hamilton, and a victory in their final game at El Dorado, Bryant is hoping that they will get to the 7A state tournament.

“Both have had a huge impact,” Abrahamson said. “Romen has started almost every game and we haven’t seen Duckworth’s best yet so I can’t wait to see where they will lead us in the future.”