• February 20Due to an emergency closure on Shobe Road, buses will be taking alternative routes over the next several days which may cause delayed times of arrival for students in the morning and afternoon
  • February 20BHS is celebrating Bus Driver Appreciation Day on February 22, students can download printable postcards to show their appreciation at https://www.bryantschools.org/page/bus-driver-appreciation-day
  • February 20Indoor percussion is doing their first performance for friends and family on friday Feb. 23 in the BHS arena/gym
  • February 20On Feb. 21 the Bryant High School baseball team will play a home game against Greenbrier at 5 p.m.
  • February 12Sign ups for Senior Week started Feb. 1st and will last through the 22nd. You can sign up in Mrs. Kilburn's room (10-404) or Mrs. Fell's room (10-402). It will be $5 per person, and you can sign up by yourself or with a partner. If you sign up with a partner you are guaranteed to be on the same team as that person.

The Hornet track team completes the final stretch of their afternoon workout.
Up and Running
February 22, 2024
Kellen Robinson prepares to score in a home game against North Little Rock
Hornet Way of Playing
February 21, 2024
Bryant Beta Club Convention
February 16, 2024
Up and Running
February 22, 2024
Hornet Way of Playing
February 21, 2024
Bryant Beta Club Convention
February 16, 2024

Meet Dierra. Dierra is a senior this year. She loves to sing, read music and write. This is Dierra’s first year on staff for The Prospective and she is excited to get to work. Aside from that, Dierra...

The T in Team

John Teague is Bryant’s newest head coach for the girls basketball team.
Eriel Carter

With a new basketball season ahead, Bryant has hired a new head coach, John Teague, to lead the girls basketball team. 

Teague spent the last nine years in Melbourne, leading them to win four state championships in a row. 

“I was just ready for a change,” Teague said.

Bryant’s decision to hire him as a coach required him to move his entire family from his hometown. It was a big move and decision for him and his family. 

“It’s been an adjustment for all of us,” Teague said.

Teague started his coaching career at 22 with a little league baseball team, which he did for 10 years. Since then, he knew he had a love for coaching, and went back to college at 37 to get his degree for it.

“I just knew that was my calling in life,” Teague said.

He has developed a very unique coaching style throughout his years, with players describing it as old-school. He has an aggressive approach, but also believes it’s important to have fun. 

“You have to teach them how to have fun, how to have fun with each other and how to support each other,” Teague said.

The players love him as a coach and person. Bryant players are excited to work with Teague.

“He’s more than I could ask for, “ senior Brilynn Findley, point guard, said. “I needed a coach like him.” 

After Dean Brad Matthews took on the role Dean of Students and Coach Shanae Williams moved on to Coahoma Community College, Teague will head this season as the third head coach in three years.

“I think each coach has taught us a lesson,” junior Madison Loggins, small forward, said.

Though these players have gone through a lot of change these past 3 years, they are excited for the season to come.

“I’m happy for the season and confident in us,” Findley said.