Meet David. David is a reporter for The Prospective Newspaper. He’s both a state and national award-winning journalist. He’s been on and worked for several publications for the Bryant School District,...

Girls soccer defeat MSM, 2-1

Junior Lexie Balisterri scores first goal of the game against MSM. ASHLEY COLLINS PHOTO

by Cade Howard.

The girl’s soccer team took on the Mt. Saint Mary’s Belles Tuesday, March 27. The team got off to a slow start, not scoring at all in the first half, but was able to put a point on the board quickly in the second half than after a goal by junior Lexi Balisterri.

“We came out with a higher intensity in the second half and were able to score,” Balisterri said.

Soon after this goal, the team became less intense and gave up a goal to the Bells which tied the score at 1-1.

“After we scored, we went back to how we played in the first half,” Balisterri said.

The game remained tied until junior Shelby Gartrell was able to score with less than a minute left.

Junior Shelby Gartell scores the second goal. CHARLIE HUNNICUTT PHOTO

“As I was dribbling down the field, all I could think about is how I didn’t want to let team down or go into penalty kicks,” Gartrell said about her last-minute goal.

Although coach Julie Long did not think the team played to its full potential but was pleased by its maturity.

“Honestly, we did not play to our full potential,” Long said “But the team really showed its maturity by fighting and being able to score a goal in the final minute.

The team plays the Van Buren Pointers tonight.