• March 26Senior Week starts next week, all seniors who have signed up will be spending advisory, and on Wednesday their lunch periods, in the arena to play games so their teams win
  • March 26Spanish Honor Society is hosting a Spring Dance Competition on Friday, March 29 during Advisory and 1st Lunch. Contestants will be asked to pay a $5 entry fee, and prizes will be awarded to competition winners! If you’d like to compete, click here. // LINK: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v6Dz0MT1NWCMUw7RVFslA1QMGNAFyKBoU-HAHG5Ff4Q/edit
  • March 26On March 26th at 5PM the Bryant High School Baseball team will be playing a home game against Central on our Home field

Erin Taylor
Erin Taylor
Reporter

Meet Erin. Erin is a junior this year and a reporter for The Prospective. Erin is currently working on her AP art portfolio. She is planning on forming a career in art or design throughout college. After...

Something New

Something+New

It’s a weird feeling to know that in just a couple weeks, everything I did in high school will just be a part of the past. The people I have encountered, relationships I’ve made, things I’ve said, and the experiences I have gotten to live will all just be a big blur before I know it.

But, it doesn’t make me sad. It makes me more excited than anything.

The truth is, I’m ready to start my life. I’m ready to finish college and to get away from here.

I’ve always pictured my life somewhere where there’s plenty of land, a house with a big deck, four kids, I’m a teacher and my life having everything I’ve ever wanted. I’ve always felt different compared to other people my age; I almost feel like I’m living inside the mind of a 70-year-old.

I like to believe that I have my head on my shoulders a lot more than other teenagers do. Everything I believe in, I pursue it. A perfect weekend to me would be driving far away, with the music loud, taking pictures and spending the night by a campfire.

I simply love to enjoy others. For as long as I can remember, I’ve always been interested in to getting to know people more than the usual “How are you doing” and “What have you been up to?” If you hang around me long enough, I’m going to ask you, “So, tell me what you’re thinking about.”

I always want to know more. I want to know more about the world, weather, people, education, how the brain functions; I want to know everything.

I would do anything to be able to take my mind to any place in the world at any moment.

People have always told me to “slow down” and “to enjoy being young.” I’ve always been this way.

There’s just something inside of me that makes me want to experience life outside of what I’ve always been used to.

For 13 years I woke up at 7 a.m. for school, go to school for seven hours a day- five days a week, eat an afternoon snack, hang out with friends and sleep in as late as possible on the weekends. But for the past two years, work has been included in my schedule here and there. I would do anything to have a schedule that wasn’t planned by the day. But, I’m sure in every life there’s a schedule.

There’s barely 3 weeks of my high school career left. This is a time in my life where I’m not sure how I feel. I’m not sure how I feel about graduating.

I just know I’m ready. I’m ready to experience life.