• April 17The first period Social Studies classes gathered in Hornet Arena this morning to give teacher Ricky Manes the Teacher of the Year Award. Manes is a U.S History, AP Research, Civics and Holocaust & Human Behavior teacher. He was chosen out of the 13 and was given the award by administration.
  • April 15In celebration of Military Child Month, Bryant School District asks that everyone wear purple on Wednesday, April 17th to celebrate and showcase respect for military families.

Meet Dierra. Dierra is a senior this year. She loves to sing, read music and write. This is Dierra’s first year on staff for The Prospective and she is excited to get to work. Aside from that, Dierra...

In this together

ThIMG_0145ey say those who don’t learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

In school, we’re forced to memorize king’s mistakes, to remember when and how each nation messed up. What they fail to teach us is how people mess up in their personal life. Everyone makes the same mistakes over and over. Everyone has the same problem all at once, but we hide it and deal with it privately. We’re blind to everyone else struggling with the same issues.

If we could share our problems, be open to the world then we could save others the trouble of repeating our own mistakes. Then we could prosper because we wouldn’t have to silently struggle with our own “personal problems.”

People of the world have become so harsh and sharp towards each other. We don’t care to know or struggle with others around us. We have no empathy. The popular phrases, “That sounds like a personal problem to me” and “Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it” prove that. They suggest that it’s just that easy to fix our problems. Nothing is that easy.

We’ve forgotten the importance of empathy. Without empathy, we build walls. We lock ourselves up and let these struggles contain us. These walls need to come down. We need to find that readiness and devotion to take other people’s trials and feel them together, the willingness to take a little weight off of someone’s shoulders, even if it means we have to put it on our own.

The reason we’re all here has been a taboo question no one has ever had an answer to. Whether it’s because of God or the big bang theory, it doesn’t change the fact that we’re here and we’re hurting. We’re stumbling through life and losing our patience, confidence, and hope. The only thing that makes it easier is experience and someone to help you through it.

We’re all lost; searching for the perfect self, perfect god, perfect life. But we won’t get anywhere on our own.