• April 23On April 20th, Bryant Honeybees won 1st place for Large Women’s Chorus and Camerata won 2nd place for Large mixed Choir.
  • April 23This Friday, students will have the opportunity to hear the last difference speaker Kevin Reynolds who will detail his executive experiences with careers in civil engineering/steel fabrication. Students can hear him during their advisory in the MPR

Ahna Allan
Ahna Allan
Reporter

Meet Ahna. Ahna is a senior this year. Outside of newspaper, Ahna spends most of her free time listening to music and spending time with her family. One of Ahna’s favorite things to do is help others....

Students and families prepare for Halloween activities

Student's families decorate the outside of their homes with pumpkins for the holiday season. | photo kenzie goldman
    Students’ families decorate the outside of their homes for the holiday season. | photo kenzie goldman

Halloween will be here soon. Being in high school makes trick-or-treating not really an option anymore. Instead of sitting around not knowing what to do on Halloween night, spend time with the family.

Freshman Emma Chaloupka’s family goes on an annual hayride. Friends and family all gather together to attend a potluck.

“Everyone brings their own dish, so you can eat whatever you want,” Chaloupka said. “The hayrides are always my favorite part because you get to really bond with all the little kids.”

Halloween is full of fun, funkiness and memories. Families of all ages can participate in spunky crafts, decorations, homemade costumes  and outdoor activates. Making different “Halloween spirited” sweets is one way to reach a inner ‘holiday’ self.

“I always go to a family, friend’s house for Halloween with my mom. Our friend always has a creative costume contest. Last year we made homemade masquerade masks. We didn’t win the contest, but we had a lot of fun making them,” freshman Anna Claire Morgan said. “Halloween always ends up being a great night. I have made so many memories with family and friends.”

Senior Christian Washington spends his Halloween on a busy schedule every year.

“We give kids candy every year and decorate the outside of the house. We all get together and walk around the neighborhood. Sometimes we even attend our church’s Halloween party,” Washington said. “Plus, we get to eat all the left over candy.”

Share your Halloween pictures with the Prospective online on twitter @BHSNewspaper.