• April 17The first period Social Studies classes gathered in Hornet Arena this morning to give teacher Ricky Manes the Teacher of the Year Award. Manes is a U.S History, AP Research, Civics and Holocaust & Human Behavior teacher. He was chosen out of the 13 and was given the award by administration.
  • April 15In celebration of Military Child Month, Bryant School District asks that everyone wear purple on Wednesday, April 17th to celebrate and showcase respect for military families.

Kris Reese
Kris Reese
Reporter

Meet Kris. As a senior this year, Kris hopes to explore photography on The Prospective. Outside of newspaper, Kris has a calling to the fine arts. She’s well known in the band as she is a captain...

Taste is love

For her, a whisk is more than just an instrument for baking. It is an instrument of love used to create symbols used in a universal language—food.

Ardra Tippett of Atlanta is not your average baker. She actually hates cupcakes and everything about making them. In her eyes, most of the cupcakes at shops are overpriced and out of a box. Tippett has adopted her own original view as far as what baking should be like.

Since she can remember, she has put hours into lending her grandmother a helping hand in the kitchen. Those hours have paid off, not only for her but for those she is reaching through her good deeds.

To give back to the community, Tippett set off the Taste Love Foundation. Through this nonprofit organization, Tippett comforts families by donating cakes to children whose parents are incarcerated or are living in a shelter. Not only does it give these children a smile, but it gives a birthday cake to a child who may have never had one or seen one before.

“If you’re a business owner in the community and you’re not giving back to that community, that you expect to give to you, then shame on you. If they don’t have the money, then they have the time,” Ardra said in an interview in Women’s Magazine.

If there is a child who is sitting in a shelter without parents, a cake is provided for that child so that they may feel love on their birthday. This is just one way Tippett displays her desire to help the community.

Tippett speaks at youth group events as well as career days at elementary schools. She inspires children with not only insightful and comforting words, but also a fresh batch of her best treats. She always wants to leave the message, “Follow your dreams, life can be sweet.”