• May 9The Bryant Choir's Spring Concert, Legends of Rock 'n' Roll, was very successful and the program made $4000 from the performances
  • May 9Graduation is being held at War Memorial Stadium at 10 AM on May 18.
  • May 9Students can attend an APUSH study session located in the MPR on Thur. May 9.

Meet Sydney. Sydney is a senior this year, as well as one of the editors for The Prospective. Outside of newspaper, Sydney fills a leadership role within Bryant High's choir program as their Historian....

Q&A with senior Cameron Furton

Senior cameron furton taking ball upfield | brooke lasley photoHow do you think you’ll match up against Searcy April 18?

“Well Searcy is supposedly the best team in 6A right now, they put a whoopin’ on NLR and they beat Mountain Home.  We’ve talked to their coach, so it should be a good match-up I think.  As long as we hustle hard I think we’ll get the win, though.”

What’s the mood during practice when you’re getting prepared for this next game?

“Right now it’s like a high-pressure feel.  There’s no joking around, it’s all seriousness; everybody just needs to get their business done.”

How has the team’s chemistry developed throughout the year to this point?

“This year’s chemistry than any other year since I’ve been on the team.  In the past years it seems like there’s been cliques and certain players that would hang out together, but this year it seems like we’re all one.  All of the starters for sure are like one big unit; we hang out together when we’re not at practice and I feel that we’re better friends and better players because of that.”

Does that affect the play on the field?

“Yeah, we work a lot better together because we know pretty much exactly what one person is going to do.”

Are you planning to continue your soccer career through college?

“No, I’m not.  I’ve already had two ankle surgeries as it is, and it’s already risky right now.  I really just don’t have any motivation to keep it going.”