• April 17The first period Social Studies classes gathered in Hornet Arena this morning to give teacher Ricky Manes the Teacher of the Year Award. Manes is a U.S History, AP Research, Civics and Holocaust & Human Behavior teacher. He was chosen out of the 13 and was given the award by administration.
  • April 15In celebration of Military Child Month, Bryant School District asks that everyone wear purple on Wednesday, April 17th to celebrate and showcase respect for military families.

Daniel Cruz
Daniel Cruz
Reporter

Meet Daniel. Daniel Cruz is a senior this year, and this is his first year on staff. Daniel is a reporter and enjoys photography. He is also interested in videography. Outside of newspaper, he loves listening...

How to find the perfect Valentine’s gift

Ghirardelli Valentine's chocolates | baylie mclaren photo

Getting a gift for the girl of your dreams or your beau isn’t the easiest thing to do for Valentine’s Day. But no need to worry, sophomores Brendan Young and Julie Brazil break down the hardest part, finding the perfect gift.

“Make a girl a mix tape,” Brazil said.

Young was quick to detest.

“A mix tape?” Young said.

“Yeah,” Brazil said. “It would be the cutest thing ever if you he just put together a bunch of songs that reminded him of you.”

“I wouldn’t use the word cute,” Young said. “It’s hard to pick something for a girl, but I would go the traditional route and get chocolates and roses. But I would do more than just that, too. Maybe a shirt that ties into the whole Valentine’s thing.”

“It’s harder to buy for a guy,” Brazil said. “You can’t just buy a guy roses.”

“What is he going to do with them once you get them? Just don’t get them,” Young said.

“I would just get a guy like a football jersey,” Brazil said.

Basically, guys make your girl a heartfelt mix tape. Girls, don’t buy chocolates. The following songs are the best for a mix tape according to Brazil.

“Anything acoustic is great,” Brazil said, “especially the acoustic cover of ‘If I’m James Dean, You’re Audrey Hepburn’ by Sleeping with Sirens and also its cover of ‘Iris’. Also, ‘When You Cant Sleep at Night’ by Of Mice & Men and ‘My Understandings’ by Bring me the Horizon.”