Bryant Choir Performs with Arkansas Symphony Orchestra

Choir program’s professional outing a success

Jack Clay, Staff Writer

Members of the Bryant High School choirs performed the film score of “Home Alone,” written by John Williams, with the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra at the Robinson Center in Little Rock Dec. 22 and 23. 

While choirs have previously performed at venues in Branson, Missouri, this is the first professional performance that any choir of Bryant has participated in at Robinson Auditorium, the first of many moves to grow the choir program made by Tanner Oglesby, the Bryant High School choir director. 

Members of the Camerata, Honeybees, Bella Voce, Treble and Tenor-Bass choirs sang the film score’s vocal parts, which included several Christmas carols, as well as a few compositions by Williams himself. Among the select choir, students from Parkview High School also sang the film score. 

Before their first performance, the select group also played a game of Secret Santa, spending $10 to $20 on Christmas themed presents for fellow students. 

“I had the best time singing in @bryantchoirs with @arsymphony. Glad to perform with new and old friends,” said Lexie Ellis, the Choir President, on Instagram.

Jaelun Thomas, the Bass Section Leader, also posted on Instagram about his experience.

“Thank you @arsymphony for a spectacular, unforgettable experience. Now I need to actually watch Home Alone.”