Golf Season Review

Cora Perry, Writer

With the breeze through his hair and the bugs on his neck, sophomore Brayden Godwin squares his shoulders and prepares for the swing of his life. He swings and watches the little white ball fly through the air and approach the hole.

Although many have never heard of the Bryant High School golf team, for players like Godwin, it is just the relaxation and get-away that he needs.

“I love golf because of how it calms me down,” Godwin said.

Although the number of golf players is lower than some other teams, many students enjoy watching the serene sport.

“I don’t know if I’ll always play [golf],” Godwin said. “But I’ll definitely watch for the rest of my life.”

Like many other sports teams, the golf team is like a family. They all help and support each other.. Sophomore golf player Jimmy Ceruti plans to play golf throughout his future.

“It’s a sport that I can play for the rest of my life,” Ceruti said. “Even after retirement.”

Ceruti  is excited for improvement as he continues on his team. Just like every other activity, practice makes perfect, and that line is a clear motto for golf coach Steve Griffith’s team.

“We just want to do the best we can, and play like it’s our last game,” Ceruti said. “I love what I do, and I believe golf is the best sport.“