School Board Meeting Highlights

Jazzmyn Peterson, Print Editor

Official Second Semester Tests Exemption Requirements:

All Students:

• ‘A’ average in course: can miss up to four days
  • ‘B’ average in course: can miss up to three days
  • ‘C’ average in course: can miss up to two days
  • All exemptions will be monitored by a class-by-class basis. School approved extracurricular absences will not count against students. If a student can exempt but chooses to take the exam in hopes of improving their overall grade then they may take the exam. The exam counts for at least 14% of the student’s final grade. If a student has been suspended, then they forfeit their right to exempt.

AP Students:

• Any student who is taking concurrent classes is considered a college student and must abide by the college’s rules, regulations and deadlines. Students who take AP exams may exempt from the semester exam in that course.

Teachers:

• All exemptions will be monitored on a class-by-class basis and teachers are to enter semester test scores into the Teacher Access Center.
  • Finals will count for at least 14% of the student’s final grade, but a student who is allowed to exempt may choose to take the exam to better their overall grade.

Band Students:

• Funding to purchase new band uniforms has been approved. Orders are being put in as soon as possible.

Bus Drivers:

• Unanimously approved to place bus driver pay for non-route school trips to be a flat rate for the wait time (time not under any district contract) of $14.50 per hour.