Talent Show Tryouts: Who? Where? When?

Photo – Maya Jackson

Bella Castro, Writer

The school talent show tryouts are taking place in Love Auditorium on January 30, 2016.  Numerous students will be giving their all at tryouts, in order to receive the chance to perform in front of their student body on March 18, 2016.

Senior, Emma Barnes is singing in the talent show tryouts. She tries to fit practice time anywhere she can to be less anxious than she was at last year’s tryout. 

“I am more confident in the song I chose because it has a lot of meaning to me, and my goal is to share that with everyone who hears it,” Barnes said.

Barnes is optimistic she will touch others with her voice, and bring a message to her classmates. She will be singing “Words I say” by the Sidewalk Prophets.

“It [the song] is really encouraging and hopeful about the future God has in store for each of us,” Barnes said. “I think it is important for everyone to hear.”

She has tremendous hopes seniors will receive a powerful message from her song.

“I think it’s important for everyone to hear that [the message] because we are all about to to go to college, and a lot of us are scared and anxious about what’s going to happen next,” Barnes said.

Barnes will not be the only singing act participating in tryouts. Ansley McDonald, a junior, will be trying out along with her friends. She is singing a variety of songs, a mashup, with Hannah Earls, while Anna Claire Morgan is playing the guitar.  

McDonald is excited and confident in the group’s tryout. They learned their song over a year ago, so it helps any anxiety the group is feeling.

“I am not too nervous because I am performing with my close friends who I love to sing with,” McDonald said.