• April 17The first period Social Studies classes gathered in Hornet Arena this morning to give teacher Ricky Manes the Teacher of the Year Award. Manes is a U.S History, AP Research, Civics and Holocaust & Human Behavior teacher. He was chosen out of the 13 and was given the award by administration.
  • April 15In celebration of Military Child Month, Bryant School District asks that everyone wear purple on Wednesday, April 17th to celebrate and showcase respect for military families.

Meet Yisel. Yisel is a junior this year, as well as a reporter for The Prospective. This will be her third year in Journalism, but second year on The Prospective. After high school, she plans to continue...

Graduation information

|photo Emma Schock
| photo Emma Schock

A day of memories and celebrations, graduation day. The senior class of 605 students will graduate May 28, at 7 p.m. at Verizon Arena. All graduating seniors will have to ride a bus to practice that Thursday morning and will need to be at the field house by 8 a.m.

Students aren’t required to ride a bus to the actual graduation, only to practice. Students are riding the bus so everyone will be at the arena at the same time for practice and to help it run smoother. If students need a ride to graduation, there is a sign up sheet in the counselor’s office and the last day to sign up was May 8. Seniors should park by the field house, where the buses will be.

“Honor graduates will sit in the first few rows,” counselor Rachel Stafford said. “They will also be given gold stoles at practice to wear during the ceremony.”

There will be a list posted outside the counselor’s office containing who is an honor graduate. National Honor Society seniors who have earned a gold tassel will receive it at graduation practice.

At graduation practice they will be going over where to sit, how to walk in and cross the stage, where diplomas will be, and other necessary tasks. Practice should take no longer than two hours. The seniors will load busing in alphabetical order and there will be signs and teacher to help direct students to the right bus.

“This is the first year we’ll have students ride buses to graduation, with over 600 students graduation practice is imperative to make sure graduation runs smoothly,” Stafford said.
There is no fee for anyone who wishes to come to graduation.

Graduates may decorate caps, but Stafford said it must be within reason, nothing taller than a sequin.

“My favorite part is going to be handing out diplomas to students I know have had huge struggles and obstacles to overcome to get there that night. I’m already so proud of them, but to see them walk is going to be so great,” Stafford said. “I love to see them throw their hats too, it’s such a fun time.”