• April 23On April 20th, Bryant Honeybees won 1st place for Large Women’s Chorus and Camerata won 2nd place for Large mixed Choir.
  • April 23This Friday, students will have the opportunity to hear the last difference speaker Kevin Reynolds who will detail his executive experiences with careers in civil engineering/steel fabrication. Students can hear him during their advisory in the MPR

Meet Dierra. Dierra is a senior this year. She loves to sing, read music and write. This is Dierra’s first year on staff for The Prospective and she is excited to get to work. Aside from that, Dierra...

Job of the week: Jordan Patterson

Junior Jordan Patterson | lauren sanders photo

Junior Jordan Patterson started working at The Yellow Snocone Shack last summer. There are two locations, one on Hwy 5 across from Walgreens and one at Bishop Park ball fields. Patterson’s friend 2012 graduate, Stephanie Friemel got her the job.

“She had worked there since she was my age, and she talked to her boss about me working there,” Patterson said.

The stand opens in April every year and closes down mid-September. Patterson said right now she works about 3-4 days a week but when summer starts she will work 5 days a week.

“It’s just really fun job, super easy, and it’s always fun to see people you know come there,” Patterson said.

Patterson works both stations at the snocone stand, the window and ice machine.

“If I am working window, I have to take orders and pour the flavor over the ice and take money,” Patterson said. “If I am doing ice machine I have to make the snocones whatever size ordered and shape ice and make sure it’s cutting a certain way so the flavor will stick to the ice.”

Patterson said learning to use the ice machine is tricky the first few times because people are waiting, but it gets easier and faster.

“Two people work at a time at the Hwy 5 stand, and it doesn’t get very crowded because we have a lot of room,” Patterson said. “But in the stand at the ball fields it’s smaller and sometimes three people work so it gets crowded there.”

She said she likes her co-workers and two of them are her best friends.

“Occasionally there are a few firefighters that work there because the owner is one as well,” Patterson said. “Whatever days they aren’t at the fire station they help out at the stand.”

Patterson makes $8 and hour plus tips when she works the window and $10 and hour when she works the ice machine.

She said they have trouble with the ice machine and sometimes run out of syrup.

“The (ice) machine never breaks but it might just quit working for a little bit. We just have to always be super nice to the customers and ask if they would like to wait until we get it repaired or if they want their money back,” Patterson said.