• May 9The Bryant Choir's Spring Concert, Legends of Rock 'n' Roll, was very successful and the program made $4000 from the performances
  • May 9Graduation is being held at War Memorial Stadium at 10 AM on May 18.
  • May 9Students can attend an APUSH study session located in the MPR on Thur. May 9.

Meet Koen. Koen is a senior this year, and this is his first year on The Prospective staff. He likes hiking and going outdoors and is interested in all things nature. He also likes movies, and he...

Behind the scenes: working as a custodian

Custodian Sherri Chudy cleaning the bathrooms, one of the many tasks she has to perform. | ashley collins photo

With the opening of Building 10, the need for custodial work increased.

The new building has five custodians working. About 25 to 30 custodians work the entire campus.  A few custodians clean throughout the day, and others clean at night.

They said the best thing about working here is keeping everything clean for the students and teachers.. They also said that the most difficult thing is seeing destruction of the work they did.

“The best part about this job is the people I work with and I never know what to expect coming into work every day,” Sherri Chudy said.

Custodians ask students and faculty to keep the classrooms and the bathrooms clean. Custodian Stan Brooks said all the custodians do everything they can to keep everything clean. The student body needs to help make the custodian’s job easier by taking care of the school property.

“We can’t clean on our own. The students and teachers have to help us and they should not be destructive, just like if they were at home,” Brooks said.

The custodian’s said they take pride in this school because they are proud of how they clean. Brooks said they want to keep the school as clean as possible. He also said he loves working to keep the school clean.

“You always want to put in a good day’s work; when I leave here at night, I always feel good because I gave the school a good eight hours of work, so I take pride in that,” Brooks said. “The kids should take pride in the school because it’s a beautiful school.”