FBLA Spring Conference

Photo of FBLA members at the conference. Photo from Mrs. Wingerter

Blair Rolston, Writer

As one of the larger clubs on campus, the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) are taking initiative with their spring conference. FBLA is all about getting students prepared and educated in business, whether they want to run one, work in one, or learn vital skills for their future. The club attended the FBLA District IV Spring Conference  at the University of Arkansas Community College in Hope, Ark. Feb. 3.

“Our Spring Conference had several different components this year,” FBLA sponsor Leah Wingerter said. “FBLA brought in different speakers to hold workshops; for example, a public speaking workshop.”

The FBLA conferences include many options for competition. Members can sign up to compete infront of judges, while other forms of competition are offered.

“Students could sign up to compete in a live competition or performance,” Wingerter said. “Online or onsite testing competitions were also held earlier at Bryant High School.”

The Spring Conference was an opportunity for students to practice what they have learnedand prepare to compete on a higher level.

“The purpose of the Spring District Conference was to allow students to compete and qualify for State Conference,” Wingerter said. “Members also are able to network with other schools, and learn more through the speakers.”

The FBLA students who did compete got the chance to win awards for different categories, so all their work and planning pays off.

“Students work very hard to prepare for their competitions, and this also takes a lot of guts,” Wingerter said.