District Announces Weekly COVID-19 Updates

Report indicates 17 active cases

September 4, 2020

In an effort to provide transparency in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, the Bryant School District announced today that they will publish a report each Friday at noon to disclose the number of positive COVID-19 cases for both students and staff.

Today’s report indicates that there are 17 active cases within the district.

“Our goal has been to maximize educational opportunities while keeping the safety of our students, staff and community first in our minds,” Superintendent Karen Walters said in a “Message from Superintendent” on the Bryant Schools website. “Our staff gathered input from our Elementary and Secondary Task Force teams and parents, analyzed all pertinent research and information, and consulted with multiple state, governmental and public health agencies to develop the Learning Ready guide.”

Students have two options this year: Blended Learning (Onsite) and Virtual Learning. 

“Teachers will provide instruction and use a variety of learning platforms depending on the course and content area,” Walters said. 

To aid in contact tracing, students have seating charts in all classes where a distance of six feet is not possible and must fill out a form to leave the classroom for any reason. 

If a student has been in close contact with someone who has tested positive, they will be contacted and asked to quarantine for a two week period. 

“We must also follow any updated guidance from ADH and DESE,” Walters said. “Please understand that we are counting on all of our staff, students and families to be adaptable in this process.”

Students and parents who have questions regarding COVID-19 can contact the district’s point of contact at 501-414-6647 or [email protected].