• April 17The first period Social Studies classes gathered in Hornet Arena this morning to give teacher Ricky Manes the Teacher of the Year Award. Manes is a U.S History, AP Research, Civics and Holocaust & Human Behavior teacher. He was chosen out of the 13 and was given the award by administration.
  • April 15In celebration of Military Child Month, Bryant School District asks that everyone wear purple on Wednesday, April 17th to celebrate and showcase respect for military families.

Meet Joules. As a senior, this is Joules’ first year on The Prospective staff. Alongside newspaper, she is a part of Bryant High’s Bella Voce choir, Quiz Bowl and French National Honor Society....

Skulk as Scar this Halloween

Wild tangles of matted black hair framing a wicked grin characterize Scar, the villain in “The Lion King” who simultaneously murders and charms the lions of Pride Rock.

“I most remember his eyes, the way they glowed yellow green,” junior Emily Pierce said. “It was eerie.”

Scar, crafted by Andreas Deja, was characterized by sleek elegance in place of the bulky and static movements of the other lions featured in “The Lion King”.

To recreate Scar’s appearance at home this Halloween, first transform your face into one of sharp angels and smooth slopes, accompanied by the infamous scar running from above one eyebrow to the top of one cheekbone.

To begin, using a plain black eye or lip liner, gel or pencil will work, draw a curved line from the corners of the nose down, meeting at the corners of the mouth and continuing down to either side of the chin. Color this area in a warm toned yellow using either another eyeliner, eye shadow or face paint. Section off a triangular shape around the eyes, beginning from the inner corners of the eyes and drawing a sloped line up to the outer end of the eyebrows, then down to meet the outer corner of the eye.

Fill this sectioned off area with a darkened purple, a matte shade would be most accurate, but some glitter can be added for a fun, playful effect. The rest of the face should be darkened using a honey brown shade of foundation, and then contoured for a cat-like appearance. To contour, a dark brown powder can be taken and blended under the cheekbones, along the jaw, along the nose and hairline.

For Scar’s iconic scar, running a blood-red liner down the eyelid and blending lightly along the edges will create a natural, faded pink scar that will have small children gaping in wonder.

To recreate Scars face framing mane, using a black wig or black dye will give a glossy, dark finish. Curling the hair into messy, loose waves will provide the feral elegance for which Scar is recognized.

This Halloween sporting the gaunt, marred face of Scar, stalk the countless fairies and nurses from your place in the wild.