Erin Taylor
Erin Taylor
Reporter

Meet Erin. Erin is a junior this year and a reporter for The Prospective. Erin is currently working on her AP art portfolio. She is planning on forming a career in art or design throughout college. After...

Sports Buzz: November 1-7

| photo Clay Cambell

Football:

Last Friday, the Bryant Hornets football team soundly defeated Siloam Springs 33-14 to improve to an 8-1 record on the season. The Hornets often had to settle for field goals as kicker Hayden Ray made four field goals in the game, three of which came in the first half. The Hornet’s offensive attack was steady, however, as Deamonte Terry rushed 24 times for 132 yards and starting quarterback Gunnar Burks was 11 for 15 with 106 yards and a touchdown pass. The biggest play for the Hornets came in the fourth quarter where Chace Henson ran a sweep play for an 89-yard touchdown. Bryant’s defense was a brick wall, allowing just 42 yards in the first half. The Hornets look to clinch a top seed in the 7A playoffs tonight as they travel to take on Conway.

Boys Soccer:

Tryouts have been announced and are being held on November 9th-12th from 4:45-7:00 p.m. at Midland soccer fields. A completed physical and a 2.0 or higher GPA is required.

Dance:

Last Saturday, the Bryant Varsity Dance team won all categories they competed in at the Cabot Dance Invitational. The categories included Pom, Jazz and Hip-Hop. This Saturday, the Dance team will compete in the Benton Dance Showcase. 

Cheer:

The cheer team finished runner-up in the Har-Ber Invitational last Saturday and will compete in the Central Arkansas Classic tomorrow in Jacksonville.

Cross Country:

The Junior Lady Hornets finished second at the Walmart Junior High Cross Country Championship located in Cabot last Saturday. Zhania Hall led the Hornets by finishing fifth with a time of 13:49. The male Junior Hornets also finished second at the competition. Matthew O’Gary and Luis Lara led the Hornets in the race, finishing second and third respectively. Tomorrow, the Senior Hornets and Lady Hornets will compete in the state meet located at Oaklawn in Hot Springs. This will be the final meet for girls coach Danny Westbrook after 35 years of coaching at Bryant.