• April 17The first period Social Studies classes gathered in Hornet Arena this morning to give teacher Ricky Manes the Teacher of the Year Award. Manes is a U.S History, AP Research, Civics and Holocaust & Human Behavior teacher. He was chosen out of the 13 and was given the award by administration.
  • April 15In celebration of Military Child Month, Bryant School District asks that everyone wear purple on Wednesday, April 17th to celebrate and showcase respect for military families.

Meet Alyssa. Alyssa is a junior this year and is a reporter for The Prospective. Other than newspaper, Alyssa is the Networking Manager for FBLA and is also a member of Beta Club and FCCLA. After high...

Summer Jobs From Home

Looking for a job for the first time may be intimidating, but these e-commerce platforms are perfect first time jobs for ambitious teens. There are even scholarships for students who take it upon themselves to become an entrepreneur.

Etsy focuses on selling anything from art supplies to handmade crafts or jewelry. The site sells vintage items (20 years or older). There is no fee to set up and account or store name, but there is a $0.20 charge to upload an item and for each purchase, Etsy receives 3.5 percent of the sale price.

Bandcamp is a great choice for those who are musically talented. Bandcamp allows artists to price their music for free, at a

Design Wenjie Zhu
Design Wenjie Zhu

set price or as a pay what you can. Artist accounts are free, but label accounts come with a monthly fee. Just like Etsy, part of product revenue goes to Bandcamp. All profits goes directly to the PayPal account connected to the Bandcamp account. When a sale comes through that is less than or equal to the revenue share balance, Bandcamp receives that money.More information on pricing can be found on their information page.

Redbubble is similar to Etsy although it focuses on artwork more than crafts. Redbubble allows artists to sell prints of their work on eight styles of shirts for men and women, phone cases, bags and stickers. Accounts are free to set up but Redbubble take a margin of the retail price. Redbubble arranges the selling, printing and delivery of the product. Most importantly, despite how much an artist makes or how much of his work they sell, he sells the artist owns his work. For more information about setting up an account or pricing, view the website.

Want to earn $5 for completing a simple task? Fiverr is a good place to go. From drawing portraits, making icons, designing covers or reviewing essays or products, you can make $5 in a snap of time. One can also come up with new ideas like writing love poetry or creating ads for Twitter. Registration is free, and after 10 transactions, sellers are given more options that allow them to increase the price of their service and include add-on services. With over 5,000 services offered, there are plenty of options to have a fun experience and earn some cash to buy those new pants you always want at the end of summer.

Fast Five: Summer Jobs

Questions by Spencer Shreeve

KatKatie higgsie Higgs, junior

Where: Mills Park Lifeguard

Hours: 8am-2pm.

Favorite part: It’s always interesting to see the types of people that go to the pool.

Changes during summer: Private swim lessons to lifeguard position.

Sarah Brady, sophomore

Where: Empire Cheerleading

Hours: 8-12 hours a week / longest hours 4-8:30pm

Schedule: Teach “Tiny Tots” 2-4 year olds, “Advanced Backhand Spring” for girls working towards higher skills and Coach for a team of Kindergarten-2nd graders with Julianne Weaver.

Favorite Part: Being a constant in a child’s life, and knowing that the gym is a place where they can feel comfortable and be themselves.

Changes during summer: Closed Friday through Sunday, classes starting at 8 am and                                                      open gyms or camps each month.

Krishna Gurung, junior

Where: Tropical Smoothie shift leader

Hours: 6 hour shifts on weekdays and Sunday

Favorite part: Working with friends

Changes during summer: Busier

View Comments (1)