• March 26Senior Week starts next week, all seniors who have signed up will be spending advisory, and on Wednesday their lunch periods, in the arena to play games so their teams win
  • March 26Spanish Honor Society is hosting a Spring Dance Competition on Friday, March 29 during Advisory and 1st Lunch. Contestants will be asked to pay a $5 entry fee, and prizes will be awarded to competition winners! If you’d like to compete, click here. // LINK: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v6Dz0MT1NWCMUw7RVFslA1QMGNAFyKBoU-HAHG5Ff4Q/edit
  • March 26On March 26th at 5PM the Bryant High School Baseball team will be playing a home game against Central on our Home field

Meet Gabrielle. Gabrielle is a senior this year, and is a reporter on staff who has been participating in school newspaper for going on 5 years now. Gabrielle is currently an intern at the Benton...

Social Media

Social+Media

I could feel my thoughts twist as I decided to delete my Instagram. It’s silly isn’t it? How something as simple as technology can replace friendships and family time as it embeds into your brain each time you “double tap” a strangers picture.

Stranger.

Do we even know what it’s like anymore to get to know someone without being about to “stalk” their social media to see what type of person they are?

Party girl. Hipster. Goody-good. Slut. Annoying. Fake.

A thick wall of desperation covers our century.

As I clicked “deactivate” my heart weakened.

I could feel the spit dampen my throat causing the cement to tighten and dry. It sank into my stomach. Hardening each organ by one, it reached my heart. It began to quiver and harden each pump. I became a wall. But, in reality, there was no cement. My body ached, as I knew it was time to realize what life is really about.

I’ve always dreamed of a certain lifestyle. It’s painted with green grass, pastures, children and memories wrapped around a small country home. It’s not about getting on Facebook and seeing how my long lost Aunt Barbra is doing in California. I have realized that if someone wants me to be in my life, they will make an effort. They will call me, stop by for a visit, or send a card.

These are things we hardly do anymore.

When was the last time you received a letter in the mail from someone rather than just saying “Happy Birthday” or “Merry Christmas?”

I’ve gone nine months without Instagram, and I feel fine. It feels good to know that I can function without refreshing my news feed to just see people bragging about what they did last weekend and their edited seflies.

There’s things we need to learn in life. We need to open our eyes to how the world is changing. We need to realize that our big world can turn into a instant “little world” with just the click of a deactivation button.