• April 17The first period Social Studies classes gathered in Hornet Arena this morning to give teacher Ricky Manes the Teacher of the Year Award. Manes is a U.S History, AP Research, Civics and Holocaust & Human Behavior teacher. He was chosen out of the 13 and was given the award by administration.
  • April 15In celebration of Military Child Month, Bryant School District asks that everyone wear purple on Wednesday, April 17th to celebrate and showcase respect for military families.

Meet Joules. As a senior, this is Joules’ first year on The Prospective staff. Alongside newspaper, she is a part of Bryant High’s Bella Voce choir, Quiz Bowl and French National Honor Society....

Running to a Brighter Future

Marley Adams and Mikayla Douglas sign their letters of intent to Henderson State University | photo Mattie Bottie
Marley Adams and Mikayla Douglas sign their letters of intent to Henderson State University | photo Matti Botti

For three senior athletes, their future is looking exuberant after signing with colleges for track and cross-country scholarships.

Melinda Murdock, Mikayla Douglas and Marley Adams all signed to their letters of intent for their colleges. Adams and Douglas signed with Henderson State University Feb 11, while Murdock signed with the University of Memphis Feb. 13will run the 800-meter.

“Out of all the colleges I went to, I could only see myself going to Memphis,” Murdock said. “I love their coaches and their team, they’re all sincere and just really nice people.”

Murdock had a plethora of colleges to choose from with all of her awards and medals. Murdock has lettered in track in all four of her years at, has broken the record for the 800-meter run in the heptathlon and finished seventh in the nation for the same event in the AAU Junior Olympic National Meet.

“I chose Henderson State in seventh grade,” Adams said. “The person that got me into running went to Henderson and I always heard great things from there.”

Adams will run the 800-meter at Henderson. She was apart of the Central Conference Championship in 2010 and was All Conference that year. She plans to pursue a degree in nursing.

“I chose Henderson a long time ago,” Douglas said. “My brother goes there and two of my former teammates so I kinda knew the team already.”

Douglas will run the one and two-mile for Henderson. She was a part of the Central Conference Championship in 2010 and lettered three years of her four years for cross-country. She plans to pursue a degree in special education.