• April 23On April 20th, Bryant Honeybees won 1st place for Large Women’s Chorus and Camerata won 2nd place for Large mixed Choir.
  • April 23This Friday, students will have the opportunity to hear the last difference speaker Kevin Reynolds who will detail his executive experiences with careers in civil engineering/steel fabrication. Students can hear him during their advisory in the MPR

Molly Kitchens
Molly Kitchens
Business Manager

Meet Molly. Molly is a junior this year, and is the business manager for The Prospective. Molly has been in the Journalism program for almost 4 years. In 2022, Molly won "Newspaper Writer of the...

Taking time to slow down

Slide after slide, the pictures flash by, engaging some 15-second memory I though was forgotten a long time ago. Every play. Every move. I remember every moment I spent in practice and on the field.

But somewhere along the way I forgot to cherish those moments.

There were times that I hated football. I wanted to quit. I wanted to leave this place and never play a sport again. Every day, the prospect of pushing myself past all mental expectations haunted me. And yet, here I am wishing I could go back and do it all over again.

But it’s over now. Those teammates are gone. I never thought I’d love those guys as much as I do today. Somewhere between the drills and the slammers, I forgot to appreciate the seniors who supported me.

If there were one thing I could tell someone, it’d be just that. Never forget the people who have brought you here, especially the seniors. I can honestly say that I’ve never loved a class more than the one leaving this week. Waiting until the end of the year to appreciate them is perhaps the worst way to prepare for a change.

So, never regret those moments with the ones you love. No one knows the day or the hour that things will change, but when it happens, no one will forget. The game of football has had such an impact on my life. Not because of the sport itself, but because of the people that played beside me.

In hindsight, I should’ve done a better job at capturing those moments. Luckily, I have one more year left to make it my best yet. And I won’t forget to thank the people I’ve been with. They’ve shaped me into the person I am today, and no a single person is more important than the other.

As a player, I will work in every rep I get, however few they may be. As a student, I will pursue the dream of college even after senioritis kicks in. As a Christian, I will give God everything that I have and will accomplish. And as a person, I will love and cherish every individual who walks into my life.