Dec. 2016 and Jan. 2017 Board Meeting Highlights

Lauren Wilson, Staff Writer

December:

Student Senate adopted 50 children for the Adopt-a-Child program through the Salvation Army. They collected gifts in the month of December to be given on Christmas. Student Senate also caroled at the Fox Ridge senior living home. The organization also visited Davis Elementary and brought gifts to children.

The Partner’s Club and Special Olympic athletes placed first in volleyball. The Special Olympics project, UNIFY, is dedicated to fostering social unity with sports training and games.

Bryant High School and Collegeville Elementary were advertised as the districts “OneTeam” schools. The board chooses schools with outstanding staff and testing achievements.

The board approved of calendar A for the 2017-2018 school year.

January:

Student Senate hosted a school-wide scavenger hunt on Twitter to encourage student involvement. The Faculty committee recognized the cafeteria staff with a surprise sign. The spirit committee surprised the swim team with gifts for their upcoming meets. The community committee is making plans for Habitat for Humanity to clean up the yard of a district employee.

The Keep Bryant Schools Moving staff is planning an event Feb. 21, 2017 at Bishop Park to raise awareness about the millage. The district is also working on a fact sheet about the millage to share with staff.