Finding Fulfillment

Sydney Boswell

Senior Agustina Rey plays the flute

Jake Roedel, Staff Writer

The football team endures grueling practices to be in top physical shape. The band practices their performance for hours on end until every little detail is right. A student stays up late to work on a project, finish an essay and study for a big test. Through involvement in organizations and programs, students strive for success and fulfillment.

Senior Agustina Rey has been in band for six years, since 6th grade. She says she finds fulfillment by being a leader and having a calming presence for the younger members in the band.

“When it’s hot and tiring in marching band, I just try to encourage those who are frustrated to try their best and compliment them when they get things right,” Rey said. “We always use the quote ‘Be better, not bitter’ when there is tension.”

Rey also finds joy and fulfillment in being an older sibling to her sister.

“I try to maintain a positive attitude around her,” Rey said. “I have to be a good role model for her.”

Students can also find happiness through religious beliefs and involvement in church.

Junior Michael Buck says he finds fulfillment primarily through his devout Christian beliefs. Buck tries to promote positivity by living his life, according to him, as Jesus would.

“I try to see the positive in everything, because that’s what Jesus did,” Buck said. “I try my best to be just like him.”

Buck believes that he has to set a good example, especially for younger children who are around him.

“People are always watching you,” Buck said. “Smaller kids are always watching you too, so you want to be a positive role model in their life.”