Students Camp to Win Free Chick-fil-A

Photo+by%7C+Jalin+West+

Photo by| Jalin West

Edith Garcia, Writer

Bass Pro Drive has a new addition to its growing set of attractions. Chick-fil-A is one of the country’s top fast food restaurants and recently opened it’s new doors to the public next to Bass Pro Shop. As part of the company’s efforts to bring attention to the new restaurant, they held a contest that provided one meal card, with 52 free meals, to the first 100 people to camp out in the parking lot.

“Getting the free Chick-fil-A and feeling that satisfaction that I did this was amazing,” senior Faith Young said. “Chick-fil-A is my life. My love. Love of my life. I’d marry it if I could.”

Out of the 107 contestants, Young and senior Ashton Gaskin were among the winning few.

“I had no idea there was even a new Chick-fil-A opening,” Gaskin said. “I ran into Faith and she had been asking all of her friends that were older than 18 to stay the night with her there for the opening.”

Together, Young and Gaskin immediately left school and hurried to gather their belongings in the hopes of being one of the first 100 people in line to receive the 52 free meal card.

“I went home to pack really quick and I thought I grabbed a tent, but it turns out I grabbed a folding table, not a tent,” Young said. “We sat there without a tent for about four hours before my step-dad brought us a tent.”

Along with spending the night in the parking lot, the participants had to be over the age of 18 in order to qualify.

“It was special for me, because it was my birthday and it was the day I turned 18, so I slid right in,” Young said.

Although the heat seemed to be unbearable, the participants made the most of their situation.

“Sitting around our little parking spot campsite and being able to talk and hang out with my friends in the late hours of the night was the best,” Gaskin said.