End of Year to do List

photo || Maya Jackson

Lauren Wilson, Writer

As the school year closes, students have much to worry about. Along with class assignments, there are school events and expectations to follow.

Any students with medications, prescriptions and over the counter items need to pick them up from the nurse’s office before Wednesday, May 25. All items will be destroyed if not picked up by the due date.

For juniors, there are senior pictures coming up. All will be held in the multipurpose room in building 10 Tuesday, May 31 through Wednesday, June 8. There will be makeup photos on Thursday, July 28 and Friday, July 29.

Golf team members need the summer practice schedule and should stop by the building 1 gym at 7:30 a.m. to get one. Alternatively, they are available in Coach Steve Griffith’s classroom 8-14.

Cross country tryouts will be held on Friday, May 20th at the stadium. Each participant is expected to have a current physical and a GPA above 2.0 for the Spring Semester. Students need to sign up to tryout in Coach Steve Oury’s room 8-11 or Coach Keith Dale’s in 2-19.

Any students with lost items need to look in the lost and found before the end of the year. All items left at the end of the year will be donated to Goodwill.

All library books are overdue. Turn any overdue books into the library or see a librarian to pay the fine.

Class textbooks are due to teachers.

Several seniors have not picked up their senior ads from Mrs. Stine in room 10-319. Mutual friends are encouraged to inform these students of their photos.

Students enlisting in the internship program next year should check Google Classroom periodically for updates.

For any student who ordered a DVD of the 2016 talent show, it is now available in Tara Seale’s classroom 10-333.

All classwork needs to be turned in to teachers before semester exams begin.

“Enjoy your summer,” school nurse Miranda Jackson said. “Get lots of rest and come back refreshed and ready to learn.”